Now you understand why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up.

...learning how to "grow up." I love Jesus, sunshine, laughter and being with the people I love. I love a good run...once I'm finished ;) I am working on being more thankful for the things that I have; and more patient with the things that I don't.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Words of Wisdom

If you have ever seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", you've had a little bit of insight into my father's side of the family.  The title of this blog comes from my "Big Yia-Yia" (ie: Great Grandmother).  She dressed in black from her stalkings to her turban and refused to speak English.  I am pretty sure she knew the language, but refused.

When my father was a teenager, she overheard his friends and him making fun of her.  I think they called her a witch...always in black and more than a little mysterious, admittedly.  She walked into the room and simply said, "Marvie...not bad for me, not good for you."

What a wise statement from a woman who doesn't speak the English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment