Now you understand why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up.

...learning how to "grow up." I love Jesus, sunshine, laughter and being with the people I love. I love a good run...once I'm finished ;) I am working on being more thankful for the things that I have; and more patient with the things that I don't.



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunshine and the Gym.

It's been nice lately.  Well, not today...today it is raining straight puddles and very dreary.  But, generally it has been nice.  Which means that going to the gym has been painfully hard.  Add to that - we are building a deck on the back of our home and it is taking a lot of time and energy...so do you think I have made it to the club 3x a week like I had been? HA.  No.  I have been 1x each week for the last 2 weeks.  Trying to get better about that, but the damn sunshine just makes me want to drink beer and eat nachos on a patio in Old Town.  However, Monday I had a new break through in the running arena.  I ran 1/3 of a mile at a 7:35 mi/min pace.  That was a record.  But the REAL record was the fact that I didn't stop at 1/3 of a mile becuase I was dying; I stopped because I thought I should.  This mental thing seems to be more of a hurdle than my physical ability.  Turns out, I could be a "runner" after all...short legs and everything.  So...here is to hoping that I can keep it up...and do so more than 1x a week through the dog days of summer.

MOTIVATION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment