Now you understand why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up.

...learning how to "grow up." I love Jesus, sunshine, laughter and being with the people I love. I love a good run...once I'm finished ;) I am working on being more thankful for the things that I have; and more patient with the things that I don't.



Monday, July 4, 2011

Guess this 6am gym pays off?

I went home this weekend.  And if you've ever spent the night at my mama's, you know that sleeping in is a non occurrence.  So we got there at 8 Thursday, were in bed by 11 and by 5am, I was in the car with my mom on the way to her Cross Fit gym.   By 515, we were in the parking lot (class started at 530) with my sisters, Jewlz and Becks, drinking coffee and waking up.  At 530 we were running.  And those ladies had the NERVE to make fun of the way that I "prance" instead of run.  Can you believe that?  Humph.  I made Beckers run with me (it was only .25 mi!) and she said that she doesn't even sprint at that speed.  

On to the WOD (workout of the day) - overhead squats.  Thank you, Bilal for being an awesome trainer...I was able to do the workout and kick those ladies rears ;)  We finished up with a mile run around the "loop" which includes a hill.  And we were home lounging by 630.  


Thanks, Mountain Fit, for letting me take the class for free.  And it was sure nice to know that my workouts have paid off and I can hang when thrown into a new workout routine :) 
Wish I had my mom and sisters with me for the WOD every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment