What a difference a year can make.
Story of my life. If I ever thought my life had been a whirlwind before, this last year proved I was oh, so wrong. In hindsight it was a blessing. In the present it was a nightmare, until it wasn't. I almost moved across the country...for a life that would've been so wrong for me. I'm thankful to him for seeing that since I was a clueless girl in a tailspin. I got hurt. I lost ten pounds...yeah! I cried, I drank ;) and I thank God for my best friends....one who happened to end up needing a place to stay and I happened to have the room. Thanks, God...we both needed that companionship...even when we just sat it silence, we weren't facing the world alone.
Then it happened. HE HAPPENED. I didn't know it right off, I knew he was cute...scratch that, he was sexy. He was sweet. So sweet. And kind. And a foot taller than me! I tried to blow him off, I cancelled dates twice. I advised him that I was a mess. He wasn't deterred. I gave in. Turned out he was everything I needed. Sure, the timing was not ideal...but when is it? You can wait your whole life for the perfect time. I lept. I fell. It was amazing, so was he.
Fast forward a year. Here I am, still in love. Content. Calm. According to my mother she can always tell if I'm not with the right man by how calm I am (or am not)...so calm is good. If you follow my blog, you're either a BFF and know my story or you're thinking "This girl is a hot mess!" And you are right sometimes :) but I'm h.a.p.p.y. 
No comments:
Post a Comment