Now you understand why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up.

...learning how to "grow up." I love Jesus, sunshine, laughter and being with the people I love. I love a good run...once I'm finished ;) I am working on being more thankful for the things that I have; and more patient with the things that I don't.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thankful.

The last three days have been spent mostly on griping about the things that I have been forced to spend money on.  Check ups for both dogs $268.00.  New battery and check up on Volvo $198.00.  Grace's broken tooth extraction and teeth cleaning $650.00.   I've been so focused on the dwindling savings account that I forgot to be thankful for the simple fact that I had one at all.  

Sitting down to dinner tonight I was complaining that eating at home is so "boring".  I can only make so many things.  I can only eat tacos, spaghetti and sandwiches so many times. In attempting to not eat out, I have been focusing on making things at home.  Again tonight, as I am thinking about how boring the sandwich I just ate might have been I am thankful that I had the food to make a sandwich.  As I sat in the bathtub after my run (eating), I looked at my plate and realized that boring sandwich I was picking at was more food than some might eat in a day, or even a week.  


I am trying to remember to put things into perspective.  I have so much.  I am so blessed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment